We love simple recipes, no one has time for these recipes that these fitness influencers put out. Not everyone has all day to focus on food and their diet. This being the case we have put together a recipe for a simple, high protein mid morning or evening snack. Using ingredients that anyone can find, or might even have in the fridge already.
The great thing about this recipe is that it is highly customisable , You can add or remove ingredients or the amount of ingredients to fit your Macros better. It is also extremely quick to prepare, although you can also prep it in advance and save yourself even more time.
By far the best bit about this recipe is that it is only 3 ingredients and will take you about 3-5 minutes to prepare! Well, What do you need? Let’s get into it.
- Natural High Protein Yoghurt – 150g
- Protein Powder – 25g
- Chocolate Wheaties – 30g
1. Add the Protein Yoghurt and Protein into a bowl and mix until powder is all mixed in. Depending on how much Yoghurt and powder you have used, this might take a while.
2. Place the cereal into a separate bowl and crunch and break/smash them up (If using Puffed rice skip this step).
3. Sprinkle the crushed cereal on top of the Yoghurt and protein mix and stir in.
4. Tuck in and Enjoy!
- Kcals: 318kcals
- Protein: 39g
- Fats: 2g
- Carbs: 33g
- The more Protein powder you add the more high protein yoghurt you will need to add to be able to mix it.
- The qualities in this recipe are aimed at my Macro’s. If you needed less protein, add less of the Protein powder, less carb? Remove some of the cereal.
- Try to avoid super sugary cereal. Any cereal like Puffed rice or wheat based should be fine. Avoid ones like Lucky Charms.
- Try different combinations of protein flavours and Cereal. Loads of options out there.
- You don’t have to Crush the cereal up, I just find it mixes better and gives you a more consistence taste.
- Make sure you get the high protein yoghurt for this recipe, Get that extra protein!
Didn’t we say it was simple? Not a difficult recipe at all, but so tasty! Can be made with any protein and any cereal. Experiment with flavours of both! Let us know over on our Instagram on what you use!
As we have already said, this is aimed at my macros but with less more of some ingredients you will be able to make it fit yours. Great snack when you are craving a sweet treat!
Remember if you are looking for some amazing home workouts check out our free application. Workouts for everyone, Doesn’t matter if you have little to no equipment, we have you covered!
Written by Kieran Blacker
Kieran is the CEO and Founder of Sets & Reps. He decided to make an application that helped people get a gym workout when not at the gym. He designed, Coded and built the application himself.